Car and van bookings for HRC visits
Fosse Cross HRC will be closing from Monday 8th November for essential site repairs.
From the week commencing 18 Oct Fosse Cross will be unable to accept tyres, large domestic appliances, fridges and freezers, plasterboard, hardcore and rubble and asbestos. We recommend residents book to take these items to another site or hold on to them until the site reopens.
Everyone visiting the Household Recycling Centres is required to pre-book their visit. This is to minimise queues and congestion on site and helps keep everybody safe.
The Household Recycling Centres are open 9am to 5pm and each site is closed one day per week (Fosse Cross and Oak Quarry closed Tuesdays, Pyke Quarry and Wingmoor Farm closed Wednesdays, and Hempsted closed Thursdays).
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, or anyone in a self-isolating household MUST NOT visit.
- Site staff will be happy to assist blue badge holders if they need help to unload and deposit their waste and recycling.
- Please be considerate of other site visitors and site staff, allow one another space to use the skips and containers safely.
- Remember to wash your hands regularly before you leave home and after returning from your visit to the site.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Why do I have to book my visit?
Booking your visit ahead helps to minimise queues and congestion on and around our sites and helps keep everybody safe.
2. What hygiene measures should I undertake when visiting the HRC like wearing a facemask and bringing gloves?
Please be considerate of other site visitors and site staff and allow one another space to use the skips and containers safely. Wash your hands regularly; before and after your visit. Should you wish to wear your own face mask and use gloves, please do so, but these are not currently required by the guidance provided by government to local councils.
3. Are there any restrictions on the types of materials I can take to the HRC?
For information on what materials you can bring to the HRC click here.
4. Is there a limit to how many journeys I can make in a day or week?
There are a limited number of appointments available each day, so please only book what you need. We reserve the right to restrict access if we believe your waste may be from a business or where, in our reasonable view, your use of the HRC sites is excessive.
5. Can I book by telephone?
With more than 10,000 bookings a week across the five Gloucestershire recycling centres, we do not have the capacity to routinely accept telephone bookings. However, we accept that there are a small number of residents without internet access from whom we will accept phone bookings on 01452 596 626 (available weekdays 9.00 am to 5.00pm). Please only use this telephone service if you genuinely cannot book online or if a friend or relative is unable to book online on your behalf.
6. How do I prove I have booked in when I arrive at the HRC?
You will receive an email booking receipt and you should bring this with you, either printed or on your phone.
7. What happens if I book my car in and I have to use another vehicle for my visit?
8. Can I cancel my booking or change my visit date after already having booked in?
9. If I have a Van, pick up or large trailer, do I still book as before?
Yes, the online van booking system remains unchanged but with a reduced number of bookings available each day. Remember that our Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) are for your own household waste only. It’s an offence to dispose of commercial or trade waste at our HRCs.
10. What waste can I bring to the HRC?
Please only bring waste that cannot be disposed of through your normal kerbside collections or for which no other disposal options are available. For up to date information on what we accept, visit our what waste can be accepted page.
11. Can I bring someone with me to help lift heavy items?
12. I will need lifting assistance, can the HRC staff help me?
If you have a disability which means you require assistance the site staff will be able to help. Please use your horn to attract the attention of staff and remain in your car while they remove your waste.
13. Has anything changed at Swindon Road Recycling Centre?
Please visit www.cheltenham.gov.uk.
14. Can I bring fly-tipped waste to an HRC?
No. HRCs are not licensed to accept fly-tipped waste. Waste fly-tipped on private land will need to be disposed of at a private licenced waste site.