What happens to my recycled plastic?
There are a wide range of products made from recycled plastic including:
- Refuse sacks and carrier bags
- Underground drainage systems for homes and national infrastructure
- Flowerpots, seed trays, watering cans and water butts
- Wheel arch liners and bumpers on cars
- Damp proof membranes, guttering and window profiles used in construction
- Reusable crates and pallets
- Wheel bins and food caddies
- Composters and wormeries
- Drinks bottles and food trays
- Polyester fabric for clothing
Why not check the label of the item you are buying to see if it is made from a recycled plastic?
If you'd like to find out more about what happens to the plastic you recycle from your kerbside, click on the link below.
What happens to your recycling? or Where does your recycling go?