Composting at home can help you save money, reduce your carbon emissions, learn about nature and reduce the amount of waste that your home produces.
There is nothing more satisfying than using your home made compost to grow your own vegetables and flowers. See recycling in action in your own garden or home!
Whether you have a garden, yard or indoor space only there are lots of ways you can compost at home.
Composting is magic, it is one of the easiest ways to see recycling happen at home. Simply putting your organic waste into a compost bin creates compost that can grow more vegetables and flowers, turning your waste into a useful resource!
- Is the best way to deal with your food waste (70% of food waste is created at home)
- Can save you money in the garden, as you can buy fewer fertilisers and compost
- Adds life to the soil – by creating a world of tiny microbes and creatures such as tardigrades, centipedes and springtails - these help protect your plants from pests and diseases
- Helps revitalise your soil improving the structure and fertility. Get your free soil information pack.
- Finally, it helps reduce carbon emissions by reducing the need to transport waste from your home.
Making compost is simple – find out how to get started and how to find the right bin for you.
In a simple compost bin you can have compost in between 6 months to 2 years.